Terms of Bidding
Terms of Bidding
All property offered and sold through Westport Auction shall be offered and sold on the terms and conditions below. By bidding at the auction, whether present in person or by agent, by written bid, telephone, internet or other means, the buyer agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
*ALL LOTS ON THE PHONE MUST BE OPENED FOR A $100.00 MINIMUM. BIDDER GIVES WESTPORT AUCTION PERMISSION TO CHARGE THEIR CREDIT CARD IF PAYMENT IS NOT MADE WITHIN 10 BUSINESS DAYS.
- All items are sold as-is. All sales are final. No returns. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Buyer Premium - A 23% buyer's premium will be added to the hammer price of each lot sold to the floor, phone bidders, and Westport Auction’s online bidding platform. A 28% buyer’s premium will be added for all Live Auctioneer bidders. There is a discount of 3% for cash or good check. We accept all major credit cards - We Do Not Accept PayPal.
- All purchases (including buyer's premium) are subject to a Connecticut State sales tax of 6.35% unless (1) the buyer is an out of state resident and lots are being shipped out of Connecticut or (2) the purchaser has a valid tax resale certificate (an actual resale certificate must be presented and on file with Westport Auction)
- All items are sold as-is, where-is. We do our best to describe the items; our descriptions are no way to be interpreted as a guarantee of any kind as to authenticity, age, condition and materials.
- All items are sold to the highest bidder by the auctioneer. The auctioneer has the right to not accept any bid! Bidding may be reopened at the auctioneer's discretion. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any item prior to and during the sale. The auctioneer reserves the right to re-offer the item at another time. IN THE EVENT THAT THERE IS AN ONLINE BID ON AN ITEM AS WELL AS AN IN-HOUSE BID, THE OPENING BID WILL BE PLACED IN HOUSE FIRST.
- International buyers should be aware that certain countries do not allow the importation of items containing materials made from endangered species. This includes, but not limited to ivory, coral, and tortoise shell. It is the buyer’s responsibility to check with relevant import and customs regulations prior to bidding.
- All items purchased from this sale at Westport Auction must be paid in full within 10 Business days after the auction date. All items purchased from Westport Auction must be removed within 10 Business days after the auction date. Unpaid invoices will be disputed on Live Auctioneers after 10 business days.
- ALL ITEMS WILL INCUR $10.00 A DAY PER LOT STORAGE FEE NO MATTER SIZE IF LEFT IN THE AUCTION FACILITY AFTER THE 10 BUSINESS DAYS NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Shipping: Westport Auction does not handle any shipping. All items not being picked up by the buyers at Westport Auction's gallery will need to be picked up by the buyers chosen shipping agent. Shipping and insurance is the responsibility of the purchaser. Purchases are not contingent upon shipping costs. You must be aware of the shipping costs before you bid on an item. We have a list of recommended shippers on our website to receive quotes prior to the sale. Buyer must contact the shipping company directly after the auction to arrange shipment and payment for shipping.
- Buyers will have 30 days after the auction date to contact Westport Auction if there is a miss-representation of an item. Westport Auction will not be responsible for any items after 30 days from the auction date. Payments accepted; Cash (in house only), Credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, AmEx), Money order, certified check, OR approved personal/business check with proper identification. We reserve the right to hold item(s) until checks are clear.